The student news site of Odessa High School

The Broncho

Testing for the Ages

Casi Piedra

Since the school year is soon to come to an end, students main focus is on end of year exams. More specifically on AP and IB exams that are coming up as soon as next week. The main students who are really worried about doing well on these exams are the Seniors. The exams will mainly consist of various multiple choice questions and some free response essays for the English exam. Wanting to get their perspective on the topic, three Seniors were asked questions about what exams they are going to be taking and if they’re at all nervous for them.

Senior Alesi Hernandez said that she will be taking exams for English literature and composition, Physics C mechanics, Physics C electricity and magnetism and also Calculus BC. When asked if she was at all nervous for any of her AP exams and if so which parts specifically is she most concerned about, Hernandez responded, “If I’m being completely honest, I am nervous for my exams. I am not very confident on anything, especially my free responses.”

“All of my teachers have issued an AP exam or are about to issue a practice AP exam,” said Hernandez when asked what exactly her teachers were doing to help prepare them for the upcoming exams.

Senior Danielle Rojas is testing for the English exam as well as the calculus and environmental science exams. She also says that she’s not very confident in her writing portion of her English AP exams.

“I am preparing for my exams by reading over the rubric my teachers gave me, that explains how my text will be graded,” said Rojas on how she will be preparing and studying for the test.

These AP and IB exams for students can earn them college credits but not if they were to fail them. However, if they do fail them it doesn’t harm them in anyway other than not gaining the college credits. All of these exams will be held next week from Tuesday May 2nd through Thursday May 4th. Good luck to all the students taking them!